Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cleveland Indians

 

Well, there is a song that said, “Cleveland Rocks!”  It did well for me.  The Rock and Roll HOF was quite well done, with a ton of memorabilia.  They also did the history of music justice, going all the way back to Robert Johnson and the blues, giving them all the credit they deserve.  And the museum is well laid out, which I appreciate. 

But onto Progressive Field, originally called Jacobs Field, home of the Indians.  Sold out game against the Tigers.  They were playing for first place and while I did wear an Indians hat, I couldn’t help but root for the Tigers.  Before the game, there is an alley where different events are going on, music, magic, etc.  Good idea.  The stadium is right next to the Cavs’ arena, and near some good restaurants (I went to the Winking Lizard).  I got there when the gates opened, and was able to see the Tigers take batting practice.  Fielder and Cabrera were knocking it out like its their job!  A beautiful park with a nice view out past left field (see the sunset picture).  With a sold out stadium, it is easy to realize how little legroom stadiums have!  It was dollar dog night (again) and they were trying to set their record for most dogs consumed.  I think they posted like 50000+ as of the 8th inning or so.  65K was the record.  Either way, that’s a lot of dogs.  I contributed 4 to the good of Cleveland.  The game was a good one for Detroit, they won 6-0.  Then the fireworks show.  It was July 5, and a Friday, so you can believe they brought out the big ones.  It was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.  I also love how the lights are positioned above the stadium, with those tall stanchions.  Great job Cleveland, you have great energy at your stadium!

No comments:

Post a Comment