Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lehigh Valley IronPigs

Allentown, PA.  They seriously need some downtown revitalization.  It looks like they are building a hockey rink downtown, for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.  But the baseball stadium is not downtown.  It is AAA level ball, so my expectations were raised, and it was a good place.  Tons of food selections, including roasted corn, which here was with butter, parmesan cheese and some other something, a little spicy.  It was called ‘Aw Shucks’ Style.  I think that was just the name of the place that sold them.  Very good.  They also had a ticket package that gave you money off of food inside.  Like a $7 ticket plus $3 gave you $5 worth of food inside.  I wish more parks would do that.  Everybody wins.  You save money, and the team makes money because you go to the concession stand and spend more money.  The stadium had an upper deck, which I wasn’t even allowed in because I didn’t have a ticket.  They weren’t even boxes or anything, just upper deck tickets.  Stingy ushers here.  I sat down in a box seat for an inning, then the usher came and told me to leave.  And there were plenty of available seats. 

LV won 7-0, on a 3-hitter.  I almost won a free hat from the speed pitch game.  I hit 75, but some other guy came later and hit 76. Oh well.  Fireworks after the game, about 8 minutes worth.  Average amount, but lot of turkey-killers(the really bright flash and huge bang).  They also had right behind home plate at ground level, some luxury boxes.  They were inset, and kind of dropped.  Kind of neat, also made the net go all the way to the ground, which I have seen a couple of other places as well.  Ferrous and FeFe were the mascots.  For you periodic table nerds, that will be funny.  They did a good job all around playing off their IronPigs name.  Their program was called ‘Pork Illustrated’, and the font was the same as Sports `Illustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment