Sunday, May 23, 2010

Asheville Tourists








Mileage starting the trip: 93207

Well, I got off a little bit later than I wanted, but only missed the top of the first inning. It was a wild game, Asheville won 13-11 by scoring the last 9 runs. Decent stadium, but small dimensions, only 373 to center. There was a 15 foot wall though, and they couldn’t make it any bigger because there is a mountain in the way! I caught a t-shirt from the slingshot. Actually I picked it up off the ground after someone else dropped it.

Another odd thing was that both teams were wearing red. Kannapolis had their away reds on, and Asheville had their Sunday alternates on. It was very confusing. After I figured Kannapolis had black sleeves, it worked out better. Great hat. Trees, a river, big A. Cool.

Camping at Mt Pisgah Campground off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Nice site, very empty campground. Made a nice fire, cooked a steak and potato, then had S’mores. Life is good. And it is getting cool at night, which is nice. I realized a couple things I’ve forgotten. A pillow and a chair for by the campfire. Oops.

Tent setup time: 7:11 (slow, but I haven’t done it in a year)

1 comment:

  1. So how many baseball hats do you own now?

    ReplyDelete