Sunday, June 20, 2010

A long, long, time ago

Well, upon request, I will write a few posts about past minor league parks that I have attended.  According to my spreadsheet, I have gone to 52 parks.  One of the first was in Appleton, WI.  My family was on a camping trip through Wisconsin, so I somehow persuaded them to go to an Appleton Foxes game.  None of us can remember what year it was, but I think somewhere between 87-91.  I don’t really remember much, other than their logo, posted on a sign in the stands to watch out for flying baseballs.  A game never to be replicated, since the Fox Cities area in WI has a new stadium and different franchise in the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

The next one I can recall was the Toledo Mudhens.  Located not too far from Saline, my grandpa took me, two of my cousins, and an uncle to a game.  I remember it being exciting, because we were able to sit first row behind the 3rd base dugout.  I also remember a foul ground ball going in front of us on the field, and either my uncle or my grandpa saying, “That’s probably as close to catching a foul ball as you’ll ever get.” I’ve got 2 now, although I didn’t really ‘catch’ either. The Mudhens have also gotten a new stadium(which I will see in a couple of weeks).  This also happened probably early 90’s, since my cousin David was there, and I bet he was more than 5?  Carsons, any memories of this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment